Challenges encountered by Skill Development & Vocational Training Organizations
Unemployment has always been a major hindrance to India’s development and it’s spreading like an ailment. The near future of the country was a big question mark a few years back. Although creation of new jobs to cater to the increasing number of unemployed youth has not been upto the desired mark, it is the poor “employability” quotient of the traditionally educated youth that has complicated the issue of gainful employment. According to reports from various industry and nodal organizations, including NASSCOM, far lesser than 25% of Indian graduates are readily ‘employable’. That’s scary to say the least. Various government agencies like, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), set out on a mission to find the answer to the troubling question of ‘employability’ of the country’s youth.
The Union Finance Minister, Shri P. Chidambaram announced the formation of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in his Budget Speech (2008-09): “…There is a compelling need to launch a world-class skill development programme in a mission mode that will address the challenge of imparting the skills required by a growing economy. Both the structure and the leadership of the mission must be such that the programme can be scaled up quickly to cover the whole country.”
India nurtures a huge young work-force, which promises an abundant scope of catering to the labour market. The NSDC partners, Skill Development & Vocational Training Organizations started training the youth of the nation with various industry-relevant skills that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
As they say – to every advantage there is a corresponding disadvantage. This training mission was also no exception to this. Right from the inception, the vocational training institutes had been facing several challenges, among which the prominent ones were :
- Comprehensive handling and processing enquiries regarding thecourses and related batches running at multiple locations.
- Efficient and water-tight management of student life-cycle.
- Maintaining critical data probity and security like work order document, student testimonials, financial inputs, etc.
- Mitigating data duplicacy, information slippage and revenue pilferage.
- Tracking the skill matrix for pass-out beneficiaries and their placement.
- Gathering attendance data from remote rural areas where internet is absent.
- Adhering to all compliance and statutory norms of the government programs.
- Efficient management and administration of skill development funds, etc.
Today, the skill development of the mass is one of the top preferences for the country. This is crystal clear by the huge progress India has made over the last few years in this sector. However, there is desperate need for a comprehensive business process management (BPM) solution to help the training partners in imparting quality and relevant skills in order to meet the necessity.
“Let’s make India the Skill Capital of the World.” – Shri Narendra Modi, Honorable Prime Minister
Blue Copper Technologies has come up with a comprehensive business process management solution for vocational training and skill development organizations and has named it ‘SkillBPM’. It showcases some striking attributes which makes it irresistible, such as:
- Comprehensive project documentation right from mandate management to beneficiary assessment and placement reports and documentation.
- Auto scrutiny of beneficiary data like online Aadhaar validation which in turn mitigates risk of duplicacy.
- Hassle free upload of institutional, academic and operational data into government agency portals.
- Monitoring real time attendance & reporting from classrooms in remote areas where internet is not present was a challenge.
- Logistics tracking of issues like stipend, toolkit, study material, certificate distribution and delivery.
- Centralize beneficiary data management with testimonials.
SkillBPM is a specially designed solution to fulfill each & every requirement of the centers run by the skill council. As said – Focus on the solution and not the problem, SkillBPM is the solution which solves the challenges encountered by Skill Development & Vocational Training Organizations.
About Blue Copper Technologies Pvt Ltd :
Blue Copper Technologies is a global Information Technology & Software Engineering company committed to creating value and delivering tangible business outcomes for large enterprises, small-and-medium businesses as well as emerging start-ups.
Blue Copper’s strengths include Software Product Engineering Outsourcing, Technology Migration, Application Lifecycle Management, High Performance Architecture Development, Data Management, Warehousing, Machine Learning & Analytics.
Blue Copper has customers in USA, UK, Germany, Singapore and in India. The Company’s Global Delivery Model provides for the best resources to be drawn from its vast talent pool across the globe to offer optimal solutions.
Blue Copper was founded by Industry Veterans with a single objective: Deliver value to the Customer & Associates. We are a team of highly skilled professionals. We have state-of-the-art facilities. We take pride in providing quality solutions within agreed time and budget.
January 2, 2018
September 25, 2017